The last time we heard about an update, it took a few weeks to get to us. But in the meantime, here's what we can look forward to from 0.41.2:
- Catch Bonus: Trainers can earn a catch bonus for a Pokémon type as they catch more of a specific type.
- Updated Gym Training: Trainers can now bring six Pokémon to battle at friendly Gyms. The CP of the Pokémon you are battling may be temporarily adjusted lower for your training session.
- Egg & Incubator Screens: These will periodically update the distance walked without the Trainer needing to close and reopen the screen.
- Fixed several audio issues.
- Decreased the evolution animation time. (By five seconds)
- Minor fixes.
- - -
I wonder if the catch bonus is retroactive?
I hope the audio issues covered include being able to play well with other apps when they kick in some sound. Like plugging in a charge cable.
There's a lot more detail over at PokemonGo HUB.
UPDATE/REVIEW of 0.42.1: I've downloaded and installed the update on my Samsung S6 via the APK file and have been using it for a day.
-It feels like my awareness zone/circle is little bigger.
-I see the new badges or bonus bubbles that pop up. It seems mildly retroactive as I received a bonus right away.
-The Gym Training is more fun and you aren't getting your ass handed to you quite as fast. Though I think they'll probably be making a few adjustments to the system because I was able to level up a gym somewhat easily, albeit, time consuming and it was a lower level gym. (Level two to three)
-The audio issues I've been experiencing were not addressed. Phone ringing kills the sound. When you plug in a USB power charger cable, it kills the sound.
-The evolution screen time does not feel like it was reduced. That does not mean it isn't, but it just does not feel like it.
-No, my phone does not stay on. If left untouched for 10 minutes, it hibernates, even with Pokemon Go running. Boo!
-I have not bought into the Pokemon Go PLUS device, so I can't tell you what fixes work there.
-At the moment, not sure what else may have been fixed.
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =