The Purge follows one family over the course of a single night... From sundown to sunrise, for 12 hours, all crime is legal. Four people will be tested to see how far they will go to protect themselves when the danger of the outside world invades their home.
- Test your survival instincts with the "Would You Survive the Night?" Quiz.
- Are you ready for the Purge? Take the quiz to find out!
On top of that, there's a prize pack give-away!
But I bet you're wondering, "How the heck can I win this super-duper, uber cool prize pack?"
Glad you asked!
There are different ways to get an entry into the contest here on Cinema Static!
1) Take the quiz (see quiz app below). Leave a copy of your answers here in the comments. (That's one entry). (Don't leave personal contact info there.)
2) Like Cinema Static's Facebook Page! (That's one entry)
3) Tweet a note on or before the theatrical release date of June 7 the hashtags #SurviveTheNight, #ThePurge and @Cinema_Static an additional giveaway entry
That's a potential three entries into the contest. The contest runs through to June 20th, 2013, when on that date, I will be picking a winner from between the comments, @tweets AND new 'Likes' on Facebook.
What's important is that on June 20th, I will place a new post on the site announcing the winner, with instructions on what the winner needs to do from there. So keep track of the site (at least until then!)
"If, on one night every year, you could commit any crime without facing consequences, what would you do?
In an America wracked with crime and overcrowded prisons, the government has sanctioned an annual 12-hour period in which any and all criminal activity--including murder--becomes legal. The police can't be called. Hospitals suspend help. It's twelve hours when the citizenry regulates itself without thought of punishment. On this particular night in 2022, plagued by violence and an epidemic of crime, one family wrestles with the decision of who they will become when a stranger comes knocking.
When an intruder breaks into James Sandin’s (Ethan Hawke) gated community during the yearly lockdown, he begins a sequence of events that threatens to tear his family apart. Now, it is up to James, his wife, Mary (Lena Headey), and their kids to make it through the night without turning into the monsters from whom they hide."